The Biden Administration issued Executive Order 14035 to elevate the principles of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) practices across the federal workforce. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) was tasked with implementing many of the EO’s key initiatives and fostering DEIA across the government.
OPM brought in FMP to assist its newly formed Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (ODEIA) with implementing key elements of the new Executive Order. We provided ODEIA with programmatic and implementation support, strategic planning and communications designed to advance DEIA principles throughout the Federal Government. In our partnership with ODEIA we have–
- Developed tracking tools to monitor the Executive Order’s implementation
- Assisted in the development and communication of a government-wide DEIA Strategic Plan
- Offered agencies an initial assessment against the governmentwide DEIA Maturity Model to help them develop a path for moving forward
- Supported a variety of learning events and activities including 2 one-day Federal Employee Resource Group (ERG) Virtual Summits and a three-day DEIA Accessibility Summit
- Stood up the newly formed Chief Diversity Officer Executive Council aimed at promoting DIEA efforts across the Federal Government
Through our support of ODEIA and their initiatives, we fostered a better understanding of and appreciation for the DEIA mission across the Federal Government. We continue to work closely with ODEIA supporting future summits and other DEIA programs.